How to Apply Peel and Stick Wallpaper: A Step-by-Step Guide
Transforming your room has never been easier with peel and stick wallpaper. In this guide, we’ll show you how to apply it, even on textured walls.
What is Peel and Stick Wallpaper?
Peel and stick wallpaper is a type of self-adhesive wall covering. It’s designed for easy application and removal, making it a popular choice for renters and DIY enthusiasts. With a variety of designs available, you can easily change the look of your room without the commitment of traditional wallpaper.
Materials You’ll Need
Before you start, gather the following materials:
Preparing Your Walls
Start by preparing your walls. They should be clean, dry, and smooth. Remove any old wallpaper or paint and patch up any holes or cracks. If your walls are textured, don’t worry—we’ll cover that later.
Applying Peel and Stick Wallpaper
- Measure your wall and cut your wallpaper to size, adding a few inches to the height for trimming.
- Peel off a few inches of the backing from the top and stick the wallpaper to the top of your wall.
- Slowly peel off the rest of the backing while smoothing out the wallpaper with your tool. Work from top to bottom and from the center outwards.
- Trim any excess wallpaper at the bottom with your scissors or utility knife.
How to Apply Peel and Stick Wallpaper on Textured Walls
Applying peel and stick wallpaper on textured walls requires a bit more patience. You’ll need to press the wallpaper into the texture to ensure it sticks properly. Use your smoothing tool to work the wallpaper into the grooves of the texture.
Tips for Perfect Application
- Make sure your walls are clean and dry before you start.
- Take your time to align the wallpaper perfectly.
- Use a smoothing tool to get rid of any bubbles or wrinkles.
Looking for more home decor tips? Check out our post on vinyl wallpapers.